Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Resolutions and Smiles from a Wintry Wednesday

Meant to do this on Monday, but forgot.   Shortly before 2010 took its leave, I made a list of my 2011 resolutions.  I figured it'd behoove me to assess my progress with them so far, rather than wait 'til the end of the year:

1) Drink more water.  Check.
2) Write more.  Check.
3) Keep your feet on the ground.  Check.  Well, mostly.  I've had a few moments of gravity defiance. Plus there was that whole issue with my wheels.  But I'd give myself at least a B+ on this one.
4) Love the people who love you and love them well.  Check.  I've been making a conscious effort on this -- reaching out to the people who love me and letting them know how much I appreciate them.  I hope I'm doing it well.
5) Focus on what you have instead of what you don't.  This has been the toughest one.  It's hard not to get caught up in "what ifs" and "why nots," but I'm doing my damnedest.  This one, I'll give a B.

Not bad.  So far.

As for today's smiles, I chickened out and stayed home again today, so it wasn't particularly eventful, but I found my moments:
  • Phil not seeing his shadow.
  • Getting some actual work done.
  • Making significant progress on Project Organize My Office.
  • Going through all of Riley's old artwork, especially the pictures and notes she drew for me.
  • Finally leaving my house after 48 hours for the sole purpose of going to Walgreen's to get the pale shade of pink nail polish I suddenly decided I must have.
  • Painting my nails a pretty pale pink.
  • Eating a Klondike bar.
  • The invention of Llama Day.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment