Thursday, February 17, 2011

Evolution, Playing the Percentages, and Smiles for Thursday

I've never been 100% comfortable with the title of my blog.  I felt like the explanation for it was fairly reasonable.  But I know that, at first blush, it seemed a bit risqué, even though anyone who's read it could attest to the fact that the content is anything but.  (Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up for debate.) 

Tonight, a somewhat tamer title came to me.  And so I've rechristened it as "Somewhere Over the Septic Tank," (though the URL, like a scarlet "A," will always hint at its unseemly past.)  I also added a description to it while I was back there behind the curtain, fiddling with the controls: "20% Dorothy Gale; 30% Erma Bombeck; 30% Tim Allen; 20% Carrie Bradshaw...100% Susie."  I guess that makes me a wry and handy dreamer/romantic.  Or something along those lines.

So, on to the smiles:
  • More sunshine and warmth (even if a bit windy).
  • Coming to terms with the fact that the next 6 weeks are going to be insane at work, and feeling more excited than overwhelmed about it.
  • Finally finding a Twitter app that syncs with Facebook on my iPhone.  (That sentence would have made zero sense to anyone 5 years ago.)
  • Staring up at the full moon.
  • Continuing with my adventures in Crockpot Cooking -- Cheesy Mexican Hamburger Soup -- Olé!!
  • Casey Abrams and the bass.
  • For dessert tonight:  Karmel Sutra.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment