Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mother Nature's Making it Tough

My aim was to write one of these entries every day. Today started out with an angry thunder storm (which made me question the propriety of sending Riley out to the bus, though I eventually settled on running out to it with her -- like that would somehow ward off the evil storm spirits.)  And it remained dank, gross and decidedly gloomy. Mother Nature seems to be doing her level best to steal my sunshine. But I'm determined to stick with this.  At least for one more day.  

So....to the things that made me smile today:

  • Tomorrow's Friday!
  • I checked a few more To Do's off my list.
  • At least today's precip was rain, not snow.
  • Being part of a schmouple.
  • Being Christopher Robinned - "Tut tut, it looks like rain."
  • Gathered up a bag full of stuff to donate to VVA tomorrow, and made a corresponding dent in the junk heap residing in my "office".
  • Watching Riley play in the backyard in her yellow rain coat and rain boots.
  • These words were actually texted to me today: "fo shizzle poohzizzle."
  • I think I may have been followed by Ross Perot tonight on Twitter. (If it's a fake account, it certainly tweets a lot.) 
  • "Sid" the mouse reminded me today that happiness is not a destination, but a way of life. 

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment