Which brings me to this -- earlier today, I resolved to get back to my blogging in earnest. I really would like to write something every day. Even if it's mostly just fluff. I re-read a number of my old posts today and was reminded how good it felt to be sharing my daily smiles (and interspersing those with more contemplative pieces.) Then, too, I found a photo/message from one of my favorite Facebook pages "365 Days of Inspiration" that reminded me to look for the beauty in every day:
So I decided to do just that. And I actually sat down and made a list of the things that have made me smile in the past day or two:
- I have a new shower. Not a completely new shower -- just a new surround and fixtures. But it works. For the first time in over two years, I have my own shower and am not borrowing Riley's. And it feels great! One nagging item off that far too long list of things to get done.
- The giggle fit Josh and I had Monday night as we opened our show with a tribute to the K-Mart "ship your pants" commercial, and Mark's bewilderment at us.
- Discovering that I have a way to copy files off of all my old floppies at work (some saved from 13+ years ago) and even convert the Word Perfect documents to Word. (Geek alert!)
- Receiving some of the sweetest texts and e-mails from my beau. (Schmoop alert! And get used to it.)
- Valiantly slaying the giant spider Riley discovered in her shower this morning -- it's nice when Mom can still save the day.
- Getting David past the 100 Follower mark on Twitter. (This will mean nothing to non-Twitterers, but it's a pretty big deal in the Twitterverse. I still remember how proud I was when I broke the 100 Follower barrier.)
- Confirming plans for our upcoming "staycation," including taking in a Cardinals game, staying downtown and doing St. Louis touristy stuff.
- Having lunch with Sam, Hopey and Kevin today to celebrate Sam's birthday -- at Arcelia's, no less. Always loved that place and hated it when they closed. So glad they've reopened. Just as delicious as ever!
- Working with silly, perverse co-workers who regularly force me to plug my ears and "Lalalala - I'm not listening!" at them.
- It's warm out (for the time being) and it was sunny this afternoon.
- I found a pretty flower in my backyard.
There is beauty in the world. There is good in the world. Remember that. :)