Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday - Smiles

You know it's going to be an uphill battle when the day starts off with the realization that the furnace is, yet again, on the fritz and you follow that up by tripping a GFI while attempting to dry your hair.  But smiles find their way into even the cruddiest of days, so I'll give them their due:
  • The hug Riley gave me when she turned and saw me wrapped up in her furry blanket this morning while we watched out the window for the bus.
  • Phone calls from friends checking on me.
  • Giggling in Debbie's office.
  • Snagging some great shots of the sunset.
  • Telling Riley I've known the guy who just fixed our furnace since we were her age.
  • Finally getting Riley's Try-It's ironed on her Brownie vest (just in time for group pics tomorrow!)
We'll call it a day, and hope Friday's got a more forgiving incline. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment