Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Inspiration

My sister got me this lovely book as a stocking-stuffer for Christmas.  It's called "What a Woman Needs," and it's a cute little compilation/list of all sorts of things we girlies need from time to time. 


One of my 2011 resolutions was to write more, and I've found I'm already slacking a bit in that department.  So, I had this sudden inspiration -- to use the book as a springboard and write a bit about each item on the list.  (With full attribution to its author, of course.  Her introductory comments really touched me.  Something tells me she and I have walked some of the same paths.)

So, I set about drafting the first installment of my little-list-book-inspired blogs.  And then it dawned on me...there might be copyright issues if I were to go that route.  Not that my blog's widely-read enough to really matter, I suppose, but the lawyer in me thought better of it.  And so, sadly, I abandoned the idea. Kind of.

I've developed a couple new obsessions of late -- purses and page-a-day calendars.  And I was thinking I'd really like to compose a blog-a-day -- even if some entries are brief and inane.  So, what could I find to blog about on a daily basis?  Where to turn for such inspiration.

It came to me tonight:  I've been trying quite hard of late, to focus on the positive, rather than the negative.  To laugh at the way life seems intent upon keeping me off balance and discombobulated.  And, in keeping with another of my resolutions, to focus on what I have, rather than what I don't.  What better way to tie resolutions No. 2 and 5 together than to make a point to write, each day, about the things that made me smile and laugh that day?

Today's inspiration:

  • Hitting "snooze" several times, and not having to get up at 3:00 a.m., like yesterday.
  • Driving Diane's Grand Marquis again, rather than that crazy, unfueled, low-tired, out-of-wiper-fluid, Ethanol-requiring HHR rent-a-car that served as my ride yesterday.  (Another blog entry lurks in that mis-adventure.)
  • Buying a $20 Amazon gift card for $10.
  • Laughing with Hopey and Sam over things I can't repeat here.
  • Spicing up my stir fry with soy sauce and rice noodles.
  • Watching the premiere of AI - Season 10 -- most especially, seeing the tears of joy and relief on Travis Orlando's face when he made it through -- I know it was designed to, but his story really did touch me.
  • Hearing the smile in Riley's voice when she called to tell me about tomorrow's snow day.
  • Watching the snow make the world look pretty and clean again.
That's it for today.  But it's more than enough.  And a fine start.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment