- Riley's last May Day celebration at her elementary school, though this one was bittersweet: I enjoyed watching her class finally get to perform the Maypole Dance, and hearing the Fifth Grade Chorus sing, but it was strange realizing that her time there is coming to an end -- six years has flown by.
- Later that evening, the strings concert at her school (which was short and sweet.)
- Lunch on Thursday for a belated celebration of Administrative Professionals Day with my secretary Judy, who's one of the sweetest people I know.
- That afternoon's visit to the dentist (who also happens to be my dear friend, Laura) with Riley yielded news that she has no cavities, but eight loose teeth! (Not that I am looking particularly forward to the orthodontics that will soon follow, but it's good to know she's progressing along.)
- Lunch Friday at Espino's (where I once again regained my FourSquare "mayorship") -- always delicious, and since my dining companion was David -- bonus!
- Friday evening, Riley attended a party at her soon-to-be middle school -- the kids had a blast and parents got informed re: all the fun things we have to look forward to.
- We got to put in a brief appearance at Dan & Tina's Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday -- was good to see them, and I got a kick out of their niece's kids -- especially little Chloe who let me help her open her birthday present and then reached up for me to pick her up and help her out of her chair -- been a long time since I've held a little girl in my arms.
- Dinner at Dave & Busters with David and his girls was delicious, and we had lots of fun shooting hoops, playing air hockey, racing horses, "driving" race cars and "riding" roller coasters.
- We followed that up with some yummy treats from Fritz's and lots of giggles around the kitchen table.
- Today, I was able to help my folks with a few computer problems -- I think.
- I also attempted another new dish for dinner -- "Doritos Casserole" was Riley's pick -- and it actually was quite tasty.
- Lastly, though it may seem strange that the (seventh) anniversary of my Grandmother's passing would prompt a smile, it did -- because thinking of her and remembering just how amazing she was most always brings a smile to my face. I like to think she's smiling back. :)
Sunday, May 5, 2013
How'd It Get to Be Sunday Night Already?!
I knew it had been a few days since my last post. I didn't realize it had been five. And it isn't for lack of smiles. More for lack of time. Then, too, the wannabe writer in me is balking a little at churning out posts just for churning's sake. Especially when they amount to little more than lists. Still, the lists are of happy things and reminders to me of the many blessings life has to offer. And I know the more substantive prose will come when it's ready. So, with that little bit of self-conscious rambling out of the way, some of my smiles from the past few days: