Sunday, January 15, 2012

This Weekend's Smiles

It didn't get off to such a hot start...Friday morning brought with it the realization that the furnace had stopped working overnight.  (Picked the coldest night of the year, naturally.) And no amount of coaxing on my part could persuade it to change its mind. Then, too, I managed to blow a fuse while drying my hair.  And lose a glove on my way into the office.  Thankfully, the fuse was an easy fix and the glove was recovered by a co-worker. The furnace repair guy I was told, however, couldn't make it until Monday.  


Still, the weekend provided me with several reasons to smile:

  • Pajama party with some of the girls on Friday in honor of Cari's b-day, complete with Scattergories, Apples to Apples and Pictionary.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 
  • Took advantage of an open Saturday to go on a cleaning/organizing frenzy - got three-fourths of the house cleaned/neatened, four loads of laundry done, the dog groomed, the car cleaned out - a lot of hard work, but a huge feeling of accomplishment -- the less cluttered my house is, the less cluttered my brain feels!
  • Continued the Cari b-day celebration Saturday evening with food, drink and friends at the Whitings'.
  • Watched some good (and some not-so-good) playoff football both days. 
  • Got some nicer blinds for the back door and some new plants for my office (since I killed the old one...oops). 
  • Throughout the weekend, the space heaters have actually helped keep the house quite livable and I did finally figure out how to get them all running without blowing a fuse. 
  • Got Riley's room picked up today, and now only have the office left to tackle. 
  • Enjoyed a relaxing soak in the hot tub.
  • Had some ice cream for dessert. 
  • Am now relaxing in my mostly-tidy house, have the candles lit and am feeling momentarily stress-free. 
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment