Felt pretty good, except that once I stopped, my lungs started hurting - badly. Felt like a ton of bricks had settled upon my chest. Ugh. I have a long way to go to be ready for April. Still, I do feel good about getting back out there.
As for the smiles, there have been several over the past few days:
- Got my Christmas decorations down and put away, including my tree in its handy-dandy new plastic -- and hopefully mouse-proof -- crate.
- Got my family room rearranged -- it's really just the mirror image of what it was before, but somehow, it seems more open.
- Have begun and made some progress in The Great Declutterfy My House Project.
- Have been fairly productive at work -- feel like I'm not just putting out fires.
- Have found inspiration and churned out not one, but two, political blogs/rants.
- Had the following exchange with Riley earlier tonight: Her - "Is it The Bachelor or The Bachelorette this time?" Me - "The Bachelor. It's Ben. And the girls are horrid." Her - "Aren't they always?"