Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Weekend's Worth of Smiles

I had a good weekend. There are always ways we wish life could be different.  There are always "if only's" whispering in our ears.  But there are so many blessings and reasons to smile:

  • Watching Riley's softball team - every game they play, they just get better and better. It's so amazing to watch them execute.  Three double-plays this weekend, plus some amazing hits. And 2/3 wins. 
  • Enjoying the company of her dad and step-mom (or my "step-wife", as I prefer to call her). Divorce is never an ideal situation. But I do consider myself one of the luckiest divorced people on the planet. I am so very grateful that my daughter gets to have parents who are friends.
  • Getting to spend a day with my girls, enjoying good food and drink, and watching the Cards beat the Cubs.  Who cares if it was hotter than Hades? We still had a great time!
  • Having a best friend who lives so close to me.
  • Finding inspiration and churning out a blog without agonizing it.
  • Enjoying a nice dip in the pool to cool off, and the company of more good friends this evening.
  • Reading another friend's foray into the world of blogging - I love it when people find their voice!
  • Recognizing that everywhere I turn, I am blessed to have good people in my life.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment