Thursday, June 30, 2011

2011 - The Half Way Mark

At the beginning of the year, I resolved to do the following:

1) Drink more water.

2) Write more.

3) Keep your feet on the ground.

4) Love the people who love you and love them well.

5) Focus on what you have instead of what you don't. 

We're 6 months in, and it's time to take stock once again.  I'm going to go through the list and assign each item a letter grade.

1) B -- I started out strong on this one, but have fallen off.  Too much soda. Too much Red Bull.  Too much lemonade. (We won't mention the tequila.) Time to get back on the H2O kick.

2) A -- A solid "A" on this one.  I've written far more this year.  And shared quite a bit more of my inner goof than I probably should.  But I can live with that. I'm pleased with the direction(s) it's taken me.

3) A- -- I think, for the most part, I'm managing this. Aside from the whole splitting-the-chin-open incident.  Apparently, where I fall down (pun intended) is in keeping the rest of me off it.  Working on that.

4) A -- I'm sure there are times when I get so wrapped up in my worries I forget to let the people who matter most know how very much I love them, but I think -- I hope -- these have been few and far between. 

5) C- -- My greatest struggle.  It isn't for lack of trying.  It just seems I'm not negotiating the learning curve very well.  If I can bring this one up to a "B" by year's end, I'll consider the year a success.

Still, as always, a work in progress. A big thank you and much love to all those who are keeping me company on this trek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment