Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Optimism

There was a time when I attempted to write most every day.  In an effort to do so, I resorted to sharing my daily "smiles" -- it was a bit lazy on my part, I'll concede, but it also was an attempt to acknowledge and express my gratitude for the many blessings each day brings.  

Well, it's time for a confession: I can't do it.  I cannot guarantee I'll have something to say each day that even marginally qualifies as decent blogfodder.  All I can promise is to try to have something arguably interesting to share on a relatively regular basis.  (How's that for lowering expectations?) 

Speaking of expectations, I noted earlier this evening that today is 11/12/13, and it's hard to ignore the fact that my life is so very different than it was on 10/11/12.  I can't tell you off the top of my head what I was doing on 10/11/12, or what my mood was that day.  I can only say, with certainty, that I'm in a much better place today than I was then.  Which might sound a little suspect coming from a gal who's currently undergoing cancer treatment, but, yeah, that aside, I'm in a way better place. 

And while I have no way of knowing for sure what the future holds, honestly, I sit here tonight optimistic and excited to see where life will have taken me by 12/13/14. Maybe that's naive. But I'm glad for it. It's nice to look forward with anticipation rather than apprehension.  It's a gift. And I'm thankful for it. 


1 comment:

  1. When I was diagnosed four years ago I took to my blog initially to share the progress with family and friends. But it wasn't long when I realized that, like writing about life with my special needs son, I was able to bring more awareness including our treatment options and the challenges we face. Plus I hoped that through my poor decisions (primarily to put myself too low on the priority totem pole, thus skipping that mammo order for nearly a year) that others would learn better.
    In any case, I discovered that I could not write every day and that I was not always positive in my thoughts. Still, I think it's important to continue to share. Some people are so afraid of the unknown, just putting your story into words might help them to make better treatment choices.
    You are right, next year will be amazingly different. But you will be so much stronger for having gone through this and conquering it.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete