I'll confess, I feel a bit guilty about it. No, this isn't a pleasant sort of thing to deal with, but in the whole scheme of BAD THINGS, my particular bad thing seems relatively minor. Don't scoff. I know CANCER isn't minor, but mine was caught so early, and the prognosis is so encouraging, that I DO feel a bit guilty, because I know there are so many people facing far fiercer foes than I am, at present. I tell myself neither love nor prayer nor good will are finite. But I surely do appreciate all who've taken the time and made the effort to send it my way. I've had several people say to me this cancer doesn't stand a chance. Not with y'all behind me, it sure doesn't. Not that I feel sorry for it.
There's been a smidge of confusion re: the timing of it all, but tomorrow (Thursday) is the day I'll be undergoing surgery for it -- a lumpectomy which, I'm told, won't keep me down for very long. Following that, they'll set me up for six weeks of radiation, just to be sure we kick the crud out of the evil Nazis lurking in my boob.
In the meantime, I'd like to make a passing effort at expressing my thanks:
- To my family, who love me unconditionally and are there for me always;
- To my love, David, who has been the most supportive, understanding, loving boyfriend a girl could ever ask for (have I mentioned lately what a very #LuckyGirl I am?!);
- To his family for being so very thoughtful and wishing me well through this;
- To my dear friends who've checked in on me and offered to help however they can;
- To friends and classmates from long ago who've generously donated to the BCRF Fundraiser which my FTR Family put together and/or bought one of these snazzy "Walk A Mile in My Boobs" tees to help us raise money for the cause;
- Right along side many new friends from both the "real world" and on-line who've also given generously and helped spread the word;
- To those who've quietly reached out to me to offer love and support and their own experiences with the Evil Cancer Monster;
- To everyone who's sent a prayer my way or wished me well.
There are individual thank you notes which are due to many of y'all and will be forthcoming. But I want to say an extra special big thank you to my FTR Family and anyone else who helped orchestrate the #TeamSmoosieQ campaign today on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. And for all I know, Pinterest. For those uncertain as to what I'm referring, I invite you to sneak a peek at my Facebook page, or search the #TeamSmoosieQ hashtag on Twitter. That will give you an inkling as to why I'm feeling so very verklempt/verklemmt right now. No, there really aren't words to express it. So I will simply say: Thank you.