But here I am at the end of Monday and I have to acknowledge - it wasn't such a bad day after all. Yes, I'm still adjusting to DST, and it took most of the day to de-cobweb my brain, and yes, I worked until almost 7, but...it was warm! And sunny! And Spring-like! And that, more than anything, made me smile today.
I've actually been collecting smiles for several days and meaning to jot them all down here, though, so now's as good a time as any, I suppose:
- Took this wicked cool photo the other night:
- Turned the corner and took this one which isn't quite as cool, but which I like, nonetheless:
- Slept eight uninterrupted hours Friday night. (This is unheard of in my world.)
- Enjoyed my co-worker Sarah's baby shower on Saturday -- looking forward to the arrival of Baby Essen!
- Also enjoyed seeing my darling Godson and meeting my friend Melanie's baby boy, who's adorable. (I know this sounds awful, but I'm usually uncomfortable holding/playing with babies. For some reason, that wasn't the case on Saturday.)
- Reunited with my Trivia gang Saturday night and made a good showing, even if we didn't win first place. (Something...mind...eternal...sunshine...something!)
- Made it back to church on Sunday.
- Enjoyed a yummy lunch afterwards with Jacque and my adopted family, the Whitings. (Next time you're at Steak 'n Shake, try the Royale. It's de-lish!)
- Later that afternoon (as described in my previous post), managed to persuade myself to run (almost) 5 miles. In the rain.
- Though many things are wrong with my house, my hot tub is working just fine, and I've enjoyed it much the past several nights.
- Mostly, the warmer weather and all the signs that Spring is springing.