Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I Walk in Circles (Diary of a Slacker - Fast Approaching 50 Edition)

I walk in circles. Literally. Most nights, I can be found making the circuit from kitchen to family room to hallway to living room to dining room to kitchen in an utterly pedestrian (no pun intended) attempt to get my steps in, because unless I have a tremendously walky day, I usually get home still needing 3-4,000 if I'm to meet my 8,000 steps-per-day goal. 

Could be worse. I could just be walking on a treadmill. As bad as running on a treadmill is, walking is far worse in my view. And with the weather warming up -- had to take a break from writing this to go put on shorts and put my hair in a pony -- I'm hoping to move more of my walking to the outdoors. (I'm sure Pringle would be happy to oblige.) 

But for now, I've been doing laps 'round the first floor. It helps when there's a game on -- I can follow along fairly well, catching a glimpse every 15-20 seconds. Having the phone in my hand also helps -- I catch up on e-mails, check out social media, play a little WWF or Candy Crush, even do some of my editing while I walk. (Gotta love technology!) 

This evening, as I circled, I ventured back into my TimeHop app to see what I'd been up to on this date a year, two, five ago. I happened upon this gem:


As I noted when I shared it, "This MAY have played a role in the extra lbs I’m carrying." I mean, I don't have definitive proof, but I've more than a sneaking suspicion. 

The good news is, I finished up my 8,000 steps shortly thereafter. And, that puts me 86+ under my daily calorie allotment. I'm cautiously optimistic that Mr. Scale's going to be rewarding me with weigh-ins that start with a "15" by next week. And if I can stick with it and get them down to the "14's" by month's end, I might just actually start looking forward to swimsuit season. Sort of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment