Monday, December 21, 2015

Would You Come to a Christmas Service with Me?

I'll be honest - I'm struggling to find the right words to accompany this invitation. It's an idea that's been kicking around my mind the past few days and really took shape at yesterday's service when one of the pastors mentioned there were actual invitation cards available for us to take and hand out this week. The cards contain a handy-dandy schedule of Christmas services and even a link to join and watch on-line if one can't be there in person.  

"Perfect!" I thought. I snagged a few from the Information desk on my way out...and promptly left them at home this morning.  So the best I can do at the moment is extend the invitation this way. 

Oh, I know - some may not be at all interested in taking me up on it. It's okay - I won't try and twist your arm. I just suspect there are more than a few people out there who - as has often been the case with me in recent years - are so busy with the comings and goings they don't think they'll have time to fit in a Christmas service, even if they really would like to.  This is my way of letting you know - yes, you can - even if all you have is an hour to spare!  (Even if you plan on wrapping gifts and/or fixing up a veggie casserole for the family gathering while you watch/listen.)  Here's the link if you'd like to check it out:  http://online.wcrossing.org/

If you'd actually like to attend in person, there are lots of options, both location-wise and time-wise. And if you think you might like to attend, but you're hesitant - for whatever reason - well, just consider this your personal invitation from me. I don't bite. And neither will this. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment