As with most of my grand ideas and projects, however, I've allowed sloth and distraction to knock me out of that practice. I'll freely confess: I'm not posting this to reaffirm my commitment to daily smiley blogs. I know better than that. And I hate making promises I won't ultimately keep. Honestly, I'm just posting it because I have had more cause to smile of late, and I don't want to just take that for granted.
So, before the causes fade and I forget to acknowledge them and simply be thankful, here are a few of the more recent smile-inducers:
- Riley in her panda hat.
- Texts from Riley on the phone I bought her for Christmas. (She's still 10 and mostly sweet, and there's nothing like getting an, "I <3 you mommy!" from the light of your life.)
- The fact that I have friends who genuinely smile back when they see me sporting a grin.
- The nudge I gave myself to abandon my comfort zone and the fact that it hasn't been catastrophic. So far.
- Being a co-host on the radio with my friend Josh -- I absolutely love that this opportunity was offered to me, and I've had so very much fun being part of it.
- I'm going to Florida in a few weeks - whee!!
- I get to celebrate the birthdays of two very dear friends both this weekend and next.
- I may or may not have a rodent residing in my car, but I definitely have an imaginary gopher friend named Sid. I'm somewhat fond of him. And the one person who'll get that joke.
- Lunches and dinners and drinks with good friends.
- I've actually run twice in one week.
- I recently learned what the "T" in "James T. Kirk" stands for.
- I'm blogging again.