Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Double Digits

I brag on my daughter a lot.  I do realize that.  I think it's sort of one of those things moms are supposed to do. But I don't do it out of a feeling of obligation.  I do it purely out of pride.  Which, I realize, may be a bit arrogant on my part. Oh, I think her Dad and Step Mom and I and other family members deserve some of the credit.  But mostly, she's just as God made her.  And she is amazing.  


She turns ten tomorrow.  I'm having a little bit of a difficult time wrapping my brain around that.  Because I'm pretty sure the day she was born was just yesterday.  Or maybe last week.  Certainly not ten whole years ago! I spent a little time tonight looking at pictures of her younger days.  They made me smile.  And, yes, they made me teary.  Cue "Sunrise, Sunset..." 


Anyway, I thought, rather than ramble on about what a wondrous gift she is, I'd simply share a few from long ago:







No comments:

Post a Comment